1. Preheat grill to medium high. Clean grates and then brush with oil.
2. In a medium bowl combine strained tomato, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and 1 tsp (5 mL) Vermont Castings Prime Beef Rub. Place sauce into a Vermont Castings basting set.
3. Rub short ribs with remaining Vermont Castings Prime Beef Rub on all sides.
4. Arrange short ribs on grates and grill, covered, flipping every 2 minutes, for 6 minutes.
5. Brush on all sides with molasses mixture and continue to grill for a further 6 minutes, flipping and basting every 2 minutes until beef reaches internal temperature of 125˚F-130˚F (52-54˚C), for medium rare.
6. Let the short ribs rest 5 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain and serve.